Thursday 19 October 2017

Busy busy busy learning

The exchange continued busier and busier and we didn't manage to keep up the regular blogging - We will try and catch up now it was finished.

So much learning happened during this exchange. These are some of the things that the young people said they had learned in their evaluation at the end...

I learned new languages like English and French

We learned how to interact with people who speak different languages

I was shocked to see a video of the treatment of Red Cross workers by soldiers in conflict (this referred to a presentation by Ali from his voluntary work in Palestine)

The culture of Palestine

I learned about Kashmir from the presentations we did for each other (this was probably from Iram)

Discrimination is world wide

It turned out hearing things is different than seeing them

Those people are so friendly

I learned about the situation of the Al Aqsa Mosque (this was from presentations and discussion)

I learned that the situation in France is worse than I thought

I learned about the prejudices that people face in different areas of the world

I learned about
- French infrastructure
- challenges people face in Palestine
- French attitudes to Muslims

I learned a lot about discrimination and its consequences across the world, eg in Paris, Bangladesh, Kashmir, Morocco

Don't leave your country, you won't find yourself

Discrimination in France

The Palestinian experience and stories

New information about discrimination

(these were the ones I have written in English but there were others to add on)




No comments:

Post a Comment